The Methodist Church in Rome has been a part of the downtown community since 1840. The church has an active outreach program and is constantly focusing on new ways reach serve members of the Rome community.
Constructing Rome First's position in the market, I ventured out and conducted analysis of current competitors. I evaluated popular features based on user feedback from surveys and identified missing functions that Rome First could possibly utilize.
My research began with conducting a series of 1:1 interviews with 7 people aged 19–36 years, to help me gain a deeper understanding of how they interact with the the church, what their pain points might be and how their experience could be improved.
Using the qualitative data gathered from the interviews, I sorted the users' responses into the categories of visuals,
user profile, community, sermons, and additional features.
I started a few interviews with the most active company employees, but I needed more information. I researched the entire company database to find users. I reached over 80 people. Using Instagram story surveys, Instagram lives, and clubhouse rooms we were able to receive a plethora of data.
Create an app with a sleak aesthetic and promotes ease of use alongside creating an opportunity for the organization to build a more engaged community within it’s own native app
The design team usually starts the design process with rapid paper sketches. This way we can iterate through many design options quickly and lay out potential user flows. During this phase of the design process, some ideas became more concrete and were iterated over.This allowed me to see what different sections would look like so I could minimize wording and simplify settings for better readability.
In the majority of my previous projects, we follow a specific flow for designing: discover > define > plan > launch. While that too led to a great outcome, this project reemphasized that the standard UX process is not quite one-size-fits-all. In this project, I understood early that the users and their mental model regarding their spiritual health were more important during the user-testing of a concept than I did from the initial research insights.